List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Possible cause of kivio problems
From:       Alex Zepeda <jazepeda () pacbell ! net>
Date:       2001-05-02 18:40:32

On Tue, May 01, 2001 at 01:34:57PM -0500, Scott Manson wrote:

> Here Here FINALLY a voice of reason!
> <AOL mode= ON>
> me too
> <AOL mode=OFF>
> IMHO theKompany feels that their software is "better" than anything
> else in CVS which might be true; they want to get more PR and ultimately
> $ by seeming to support KDE, but don't want to pay the "piper" TINSTAAFL
> If they decide to keep their source in CVS then they will also HAVE to accept
> that their "precious" code might be broken from time to time.

By all means, the GPL allows for one to break software, no problems there.
However, KOffice is supposedly in beta right now, and it would seem to me
that shuffling directories around *now* is a pretty silly idea.  Needless
to say the maintainer of Kivio was obviously not given a heads up,
otherwise this would not have become such a large problem.  Commercial
software or not, that's not an acceptable attitude.  This is a large
sandbox, but it's still a sandbox.  We all need to play nice, since there
aren't favorites.

- alex