List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Possible cause of kivio problems
From:       Alex Zepeda <jazepeda () pacbell ! net>
Date:       2001-05-02 18:34:10

On Tue, May 01, 2001 at 06:56:55PM +0200, Dirk Mueller wrote:

> you look into Makefile.am of course ;-)

Uhhuh.  Automake is not intuitive no matter what you hit it with.

> Sorry, but somebody has to do the dirty job. if you constantly ask everybody
> before doing anything, you end up with doing nothing.

Not at all.  If you check with someone first, you end up with something
less likely to break in idiotic ways.  It's not a matter of asking
everyone with CVS access if they think the commit's a good idea, not that
at all.  Rather attempting to test the affected progams, or asking someone
who is more familiar with that bit.  For something as tedious as moving
around directories, this is not too much to ask.

We have mailing lists for this reason exactly.  To promote healthy leaves
and roots.  Erm.  Wrong list.

> With the same
> reasoning theKompany developers ask for not having to waste their time with
> things that are unfixable for them its the same for the others who waste
> their _free_ time on this project to help them as well by not putting any
> more stones into their way than necessary!

<Dirk's reasoning mode on>
	Wait.  I've got the ideal solution to your problem.  We remove
	EVERYTHING from KOffice, that way with nothing in it, you've got fewer
	stones in your way.
</sarcasm>

Come on Dirk, is it really so much to at the least give a head's up?  Or
at best have a little chat with the maintainer of a program before you
change its build setup pretty drastically?

- alex