List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Possible cause of kivio problems
From:       Guillaume Laurent <glaurent () telegraph-road ! org>
Date:       2001-05-01 20:55:39

On Tuesday 01 May 2001 19:13, Waldo Bastian wrote:

> Reading this discussion I think it was a mistake to put Kivio into KOffice
> and I suggest to take it out again. If the hourly rate of theKompany
> developers is more important than the unpaid hours of KDE developers there
> is something fundamentally wrong.

I feel like I'm stating the obvious here : *of course* their time is more
important. If somebody breaks my code in cvs, that's ok. I'll be angry, but
the only damage is wasted time. If somebody breaks kivio just before a
release, then that might mean lost customers. Yes, that's not what happened
here, but I think that's what Shawn is mostly afraid of.

> We have issues like this (with people breaking stuff) in other parts of KDE
> constantly and that gets solved with communication. Appearantly theKompany
> does not have time for that so I suggest they take their stuff and put it
> somewhere else.

I agree, if kivio's developers are staying out of the communication channels
of the platform they are working on, it simply can't work.

--
					Guillaume.
					http://www.telegraph-road.org