On Tuesday 01 May 2001 19:13, Waldo Bastian wrote: > Reading this discussion I think it was a mistake to put Kivio into KOffice > and I suggest to take it out again. If the hourly rate of theKompany > developers is more important than the unpaid hours of KDE developers there > is something fundamentally wrong. I feel like I'm stating the obvious here : *of course* their time is more important. If somebody breaks my code in cvs, that's ok. I'll be angry, but the only damage is wasted time. If somebody breaks kivio just before a release, then that might mean lost customers. Yes, that's not what happened here, but I think that's what Shawn is mostly afraid of. > We have issues like this (with people breaking stuff) in other parts of KDE > constantly and that gets solved with communication. Appearantly theKompany > does not have time for that so I suggest they take their stuff and put it > somewhere else. I agree, if kivio's developers are staying out of the communication channels of the platform they are working on, it simply can't work. -- Guillaume. http://www.telegraph-road.org