List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Current CVS issues not working
From:       Ralf Nolden <nolden () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-04-30 16:23:01

Michael Brade wrote:

> On Monday 30 April 2001 13:43, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > to avoid an extra mail for each thing bugging the current CVS code, I'll
> > collect these here:
> >
> > kicker: repainting problem for the icons. Sometimes the standard icon
> > area goes blank, on mouse movement over it the icons redraw themselves.
> >
> > konqueror: I have that turning wheel on the treeview when opening
> > folders below the /.
> You mean the wheel doesn't stop anymore? I'm currently working on the
> treeview/listviews of Konqy and I just checked it but I can't reproduce. Can
> you describe the problem a little more detailed please?
Yes, the wheel on a folder which should be only displayed during the
folder expansion stays over the folder even after the folder tree is
expanded. While you're at the treeview, please consider adding the trash
and the device icons that are on the desktop. Also, some general way for
several devices should be included into the desktop rmb popup, like a
submenu "devices" that lists:
- a diskette
- a CD-Rom
- a HDD
- a Zip disk

and what else we have on standard icons for devices, so the user just
selects a device with preset icons and only has to change the device
directory according to the list retrieved from /etc/fstab. a network
device for nfs mounts should be included as well I think  because that
can be put into fstab as well.  The items the user has on the desktop
though should be synchronous with a "devices" subitem in the treeview.

Ralf

--
Finally, even I have to admit that being myself was the best thing
that ever could have happened to me. - Le Grand Charmeur

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden@kde.org