List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: New Kasbar features and screen shots
From:       Richard Moore <rich () ipso-facto ! freeserve ! co ! uk>
Date:       2001-04-28 14:55:13

Torsten Rahn wrote:

> On Friday 27 April 2001 19:59, Richard Moore wrote:
> > Kasbar in cvs now supports different sizes, please test. I've put some
> > screenshots at
> > http://www.ipso-facto.demon.co.uk/development/kasbar/images.html
> > so people who aren't using the cvs can take a look.
> >
> > Rich.
>
> Why doesn't Kasbar use the large icons (48x48) instead of medium
> icons (32x32) to create those scaled versions? Why doesn't Kasbar
> use the iconloader (which takes care about these issues ..)?

For the same reason as last time I answered this question for
you. ;-)

It doesn't use the icon loader because that would be totally
broken - it reads the icon the window specifies in its NET
properties (via the KWin interface). Otherwise you couldn't
change the icon dynamically etc. It asks for 48x48 icons,
but none of the applications are currently publishing a 48x48
icon in their hints. I suspect this needs fixing in KApplication.

Cheers

Rich.

--
     Richard Moore		rich@ipso-facto.freeserve.co.uk