List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Fwd: [kde-doc-english]Change in Coordinator
From:       "Thomas Diehl" <thd () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-04-26 5:45:09

>From: Lauri Watts <lauri@kde.org>
>To: "Doc-English" <kde-doc-english@master.kde.org>
>Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 20:15:41 +0200
>Cc: "Doc-i18n" <kde-doc-i18n@master.kde.org>,
>Subject: [kde-doc-english]Change in Coordinator

I'm having email trouble.. so you'll either see this once, or three times, my
apologies.

Hi everyone,

Due to increasing real life commitments and lack of time, Mike McBride is
retiring as the English documentation coordinator.

I'd like to thank Mike for his time and efforts over the last couple of
years, without which the KDE Documentation would be in a very different
place.  When Mike took on the job, the then upcoming KDE 2 had virtually no
documentation written.  We now have docs in various states of completion for
all the major applications, and for most of the smaller ones as well, and
much of that is due to the enormous amount of work Mike has done.

I will be taking his place as coordinator, so all questions etc you would
normally direct to him, you can now send to me instead.

Mike will be staying on as maintainer of some of the docs he's written, and
he'll be around as a resource in general, but I ask that everyone respect his
reasons for stepping down, lack of time in particular, and don't bother him
too much.

I will be writing to the authors over the next few days, to get an update of
where things are with the docs you each maintain.  If you have any questions,
ideas, anything, please don't hesitate to email me, either privately, or on
the lists if you think it would be of interest to others.

For the i18n teams, could you please check on the translations of the web
pages, and any pointers to his name or email address in regards to
coordination, could you change those to me. You don't need to change the
credits on documents themselves.  I'll be going through the english web pages
today and changing the names.

More to follow, I have some preliminary instructions on working with the XML
converted documents, and (hopefully) finally the KDE markup guide is close to
updated and finished.

Again, thanks to Mike, we're sorry to see you go, and the spot will be open
for you to come back if you find you suddenly grow a few more hours a day!

--
Lauri Watts