List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KCM Konsole
From:       Andrea Rizzi <rizzi () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-04-20 11:33:02

Alle 13:14, venerd́ 20 aprile 2001, Torsten Rahn ha scritto:
> > > Currently we have the entry "Preferred terminal application" in
> > > kcmkicker and in the filemanager-kcmmodule. It makes no sense to set
> > > the terminal-app there. These entries should be replaced by a general
> > > "Preferrred terminal application:"-setting in kcmkonsole instead.
> >
> > I don't think kcmkonsole is the right place.
>
> Why not? It's a whole module about the konsole.
The problem is that if you use a terminal != konsole all the kcmkonsole
stuff means nothing.
You are not configuring the kde terminal application but an application used
by someone as terminal application.

I think any way we can put the option in kcmkonsole in the "inverse" way,
i.e.:

a checkbox "Use console as default terminal application"
If this is not checked you can specify a terminal command in a usually
disabled linedit.

Bye
Andrea

--
Registered Linux User No.71426  |       ***  KDE Project  ***
        Andrea Rizzi            |  http://www.kde.org/