List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KCM Konsole
From:       m_elter () t-online ! de (Matthias Elter)
Date:       2001-04-20 11:28:05

On Friday 20 April 2001 13:14, Torsten Rahn wrote:
> > > Currently we have the entry "Preferred terminal application" in
> > > kcmkicker and in the filemanager-kcmmodule. It makes no sense to set
> > > the terminal-app there. These entries should be replaced by a general
> > > "Preferrred terminal application:"-setting in kcmkonsole instead.
> >
> > I don't think kcmkonsole is the right place.
>
> Why not? It's a whole module about the konsole.
> why not make it a module where you can also make general settings for
> termainal-apps as well. This also makes sense because

General settings for xterm, rxvt and konsole? Have fun.
While you are at it ... what about kcmwebbrowser that configures netscape,
konqueror and mozilla?

> the description which you'll read in kcontrol will probably be "Terminal"
> (and probably not Konsole I guess). Therefore it would be even more

The description text does not matter ... it's a module to configure konsole.
Having the "preferred terminal application" setting in there would be like a
"prefereed window manager" setting in kcmkwin.

> intuitive to put this option there. The Current situation with
> terminal-per-app-definition-basis isn't something a common
> user would expect. Getting rid of this in kcmkicker and kcmkonq
> would help to make the current
> too-much-options-i-can't-find-in-kcontrol-because-they-cover-too-many-
> non-real-world-cases-situation suck less.

Sure ... but kcmkonsole is not the right place.

Matthias