List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Are there any plans to create a CVS module for plugins ?
From:       Michael Jarrett <yoamwmvs () umail ! corel ! com>
Date:       2001-04-19 13:20:10

Cullmann Christoph wrote:

> Hi,
> Kate supports now plugins too (like konqueror).
> Wouldn't it be a good idea to add a cvs module kdeextra or kdeplugins for
> konqueror (which are located at kdenonbeta) kate and any other plugins
> (perhaps extra kcontrol center modules )?

KDEDB plugins perhaps? :)

I think a good structure for this would be to have this one directory
packaged differently than the others - ie. in "kdeaddon" or whatever you
call it, items are packaged individually rather as a huge module.

Actually IMHO, kdelibs/base should be packaged as one big package, but
all the other modules should have the apps packaged individually, and
plugins would work the same. As a developer (with a tiny HD), I often
find myself picking out only a few apps I need in
kdenetwork/kdeutils/kdemultimedia/etc., but those with packages who
don't build from source are forced to do all or nothing.

--
Michael Jarrett
JudgeBeavis@hotmail.com