List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Alpha blending with XRender prototype
From:       Antonio Larrosa =?iso-8859-1?q?Jim=E9nez?= <larrosa () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-04-13 22:54:50

El Vie 13 Abr 2001 01:42, Richard Moore escribió:
> Hi all,
>
> I've got a first hack of alpha blending with the render extension working.
> Using Render means that the blending can be hardware accelerated, so
> ultimately I think this should replace the current client side blending we
> use for icons etc. for now though, this is just a prototype. It will not be
> ready for the 2.2 alpha. You can grab the example sources from
> http://www.ipso-facto.demon.co.uk/development/render/ I've also put a
> couple of screenshots there. To comppile the example extract it below into
> a standard KDE app template (because I didn't include the configure scripts
> etc just the Makefile.am).

I thought about implementing that by myself some time ago (after doing the
client side blending), but then I saw that Qt 3.0 will do that by itself (and
it already does in the snapshots) so I think there's no need to implement
XRender based blending in kdelibs (in fact, the current classes for alpha
blending should go away when we change to Qt 3.0 as I suppose that Qt already
implements a client-based blending when X11 doesn't have a Render extension)
I suppose Bradley could correct me if I'm wrong.

Sorry,

Greetings,

--
Antonio Larrosa Jimenez