List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: External actions proposal
From:       Kurt Granroth <granroth () suse ! com>
Date:       2001-04-09 21:54:39

Roberto Alsina wrote:
> Imagine a repository of scripts that use DCOP interfaces. Those scripts
> are indexed according to where they fit. I don't quite understand how,
> yet, but in the crudest way, imagine "scripts for konqueror", "scripts for
> kant" and so on.
>
> Now, imagine that before building the UI from the XML files, you contact
> this repository, and get a list of actions, each action being a call to
> one such script.

Sounds very cool!  One thing to think about, though, is that DCOP
inherently doesn't like working over a network.  It only likes working
locally (for security purposes).

If you want this repository to remain remote, you might want to
consider using XML-RPC.  Basically, do the "reverse" of kxmlrpcd and
turn DCOP calls to XML-RPC.
            KDE -- Conquer Your Desktop