List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: ACLs in KDE CVS
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-03-27 20:22:25

On Tuesday 27 March 2001 08:37, Hans Meine wrote:
> Kurt Granroth <granroth@suse.com> writes:
> > I will be making the change to the 'www' module in a few days or early
> > next week.  The reason that I am sending this message out is that I
> > need a list of people to allow.  If you need to be able to make
> > modifications to any part of the 'www' module, then send me a private
> > email at granroth@kde.org (don't spam these lists).
> >
> > To be clear: when I enable ACLs for the www module, if you aren't on
> > the list then you won't be able to commit any changes!
>
> Hmm, I always found it to be nice to be able to correct speling errros
> or bad links right away when I found them. Why do you think it is
> neccessary to have more tight access rights to the www module than to
> kdelibs? Just wondering..

Well, we want to move in a direction where people have the access that they
need as opposed to the current scheme where everyone has access to everything.

If things work out with www then kdelibs is probably the next target.

If you want access to www you just need to drop Kurt a mail and he will give
it.

Cheers,
Waldo
--