List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Re: New QT tear-off menus
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-03-29 20:44:33

On Thursday 29 March 2001 09:32, Matthias Ettrich wrote:
> > > I don't see this feature as central. The configure key dialog will
> > > still be the better choice for action based applications, but for
> > > kicker e.g. it makes sense to have such a short cut - if it would work
> > > :)
> >
> > As long as everything _would_ work without clashes I'd
> > like to have this feature in addition of course. Right now it
> > doesn't work though.
>
> Solving clashes is severe, indeed. What should it do? Simply override the
> previous one? I guess so.
>
> The fact that settings are not saved is IMO a feature. Those on-the-fly
> keybindings are not meant to be stored, they are temporary. Users shouldn't
> be able to destroy their application settings forever with it.

It should be saved together with any other changes made to the GUI by direct
manipulation. (E.g. like toolbar position)

We still have no consistant way to handle configuration changes between
multiple instances of an application btw.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
bastian@kde.org | SuSE Labs KDE Developer | bastian@suse.com