List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Part loading where mimetype won't work and KIO filters.
From:       Martijn Klingens <mklingens () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-03-27 18:34:05

On Tuesday 27 March 2001 16:19, Rik Hemsley wrote:
> 1.
>
> I'd like to have a KPart loaded when audiocd:/ is requested. I can't
> do this based on mimetype because audiocd:/ has a type of 'directory'.

You might want to read the thread on kde-devel about directory mimetypes ;-)
It was suggested to create specialized mimetypes like inode/audiocd-directory
that inherits inode/directory. In that case you can load the part based on
the mime type ...

> Is there a way to load a part based on URL ?

Might still be useful to have, though (if it's not already there)

> The other tricky part is that the part must not be loaded if a filename
> is specified, e.g. audiocd:/track01.wav

But doesn't the file have another mime type than the cd itself? How could
both spawn the same part then?

Martijn