List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE printing stuff update
From:       Michael Goffioul <goffioul () imec ! be>
Date:       2001-03-24 11:59:51

> I have looked at your printing framework and NICE !!!
> Finally a good KDE printing system.
> Will use it in KWrite/Kant in some days.

Thanks, glad to hear that. But pay attention to one thing: using the
printing stuff as it is now is a little bit restrictive, because not all
print systems are supported. For example HP-UX or Solaris.
That's why I'm requesting for plugin writers.

But I intend to write  a generic LPD plugin, only for printer listing
(no management), which will supports the same print systems as Qt.
This would be the default plugin. For management, we still have to write
specialized plugins.
I'll try to do it ASAP, to remove this restriction (or is there any volonteer ?).

Michael.

Michael Goffioul                IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul@imec.be        (Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510          Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515          3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM