List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: KControl information module look&feel
From:       Christian A =?iso-8859-1?q?Str=F8mmen=20=5BNumber1=2FNumeroUno=5D?= <number1 () rea
Date:       2001-03-08 14:25:04

On Thursday  8. March 2001 12:05, Malte Starostik wrote:
> Hello,
>
> the kcontrol modules under Information provide some nice info but many of
> them look rather ugly IMHO. As a first try, I changed the IRQ info page
> (the ugliest one with that evil fixed width font :) a bit, a screenie is at
> http://malte.homeip.net/kcminfo.png
> It's not finished and the icons are just the first somehow useable ones I
> found and only support the devices I have myself to show off what I mean :)
> Question before I continue is: do you think it's worth the effort? And of
> course any kind of suggestions / flames welcome,
> -Malte

This is a lot better than before!  I've always thought that the Information
modules in kcontrol were the ugliest.. hmm let me rephrase that... the only
ugly section in kcontrol.

But can't we make it even better?  Integrate more of these modules into one?
Something similar (but not the same, we can do better) as the KDE
Systemcontrol (I believe that's the correct name, I have it translated here)
under System.

Collecting all the information on each device in one place is much "easier".
If I want to collect information about my display adapter today I have to
first go to the irq-module to find the irq, then to the dma-module to find
the dma, then to the devices-module to find the name of the device, then to
the io-module to find the io-stuff, then to the pci section to find the name
and bus of the card, then to the X-server-module to find out what X version
the card is running with.

Collecting all of this in something similar to the kde systemcontrol module
would be much better...

--
\ Christian A Strømmen /
\ Number1/NumeroUno @ Undernet - Email: number1@realityx.net /