List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: fun with uic
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2001-03-08 13:26:36

> On Wednesday 07 March 2001 18:10, Daniel Molkentin wrote:
> > On Wednesday 07 March 2001 19:04, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> > >
> > > kdelibs require a working qt, uic requires working kdelibs (when compiled
> > > with -kde). So if you use -kde, you have to build qt, then kdelibs, then
> > > qt/tools/designer, then the other kde-packages.
> > >
> > > This won't work if kdelibs already require a uic.
> >
> > But this is independant anyway, as uic is built also if Qt is built without
> > -kde. So I don't see the problem with using it...
>
> Easy: you mean forcing everyone to drop the -kde support in uic.
> Even though we decided to do without it in KDE's CVS, it's still something
> very nice to have for 3rd-party [/commercial] development.

I always recompile QT with my old KDE still installed. As I did this morning.
After QT compiled (with -kde) I remove my old KDE, and recompile after that.

During the compilation of kprint, I get the uic-link error that it requires
kdelibs..

So to compile kdelibs, I need kdelibs ;-)

Please just put the .cc and .h files in the CVS, and don't put the .ui file
in the Makefile.am file. This should work fine.