List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: i18n / I18N_NOOP
From:       shaheed <srhaque () iee ! org>
Date:       2001-03-01 8:39:51

I can explain what MS Word does. AFAICS, it stores style names in the user's
local language. For me this is "Heading 1", a Dutch user will get "Kop 1".

However, the relationship between the name "Heading 1" and the first level
heading style is enforced using an integer index associated with each style
entry. The list of indices and their corresponding meanings is documented
(!!!).

As you can see, this is as horrid a solution as anything we have come up with.

Thanks, Shaheed