List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: 2.1.1 RELEASE SCHEDULE (proposal)
From:       Christian A =?iso-8859-1?q?Str=F8mmen=20=5BNumber1=2FNumeroUno=5D?= <number1 () rea
Date:       2001-03-01 14:42:06

On Thursday  1. March 2001 02:06, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> Also unavailable from
> http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/kde-2.1.1-release-plan.html
>
> KDE 2.1.1 Release Plan
> ==================
>
> The following is the outline for our KDE 2.1.1 release schedule.
>
> The primary goals of the 2.1.1 release are:
> * Critical bugfixes
> * Completion of the translations in many languages
> * Documentation for almost all applications
> * Improvement of the icons (yes?)
>
> All dates given here are subject to revision, but we will try out best to
> stick to them if possible.
>
> David Faure is acting as release coordinator for the KDE 2.1.1 and 2.2
> releases
>
> Monday March 19
> =============
> Last day for translations, documentation, icons and critical bugfixes
> commits to the KDE_2_1_BRANCH.
>
> Tuesday morning (GMT) March 20
> =========================
> The CVS is tagged KDE_2_1_1_RELEASE, tarballs are released to the packagers
>
> The rest of the week is spent testing the tarballs, packaging and writing
> the announcement and changelog.

Is this such a good idea?  Why make tarballs for testing?  Couldn't we just
freeze the cvs for a couple of days (from Monday March 19), and then when we
feel it's tested enough we send it off to the packagers... ?

For every release now, the packages have had to be rebuilt, this is
unnecessary and frustrating work.  Let's try to avoid it this time...

--
\ Christian A Strømmen /
\ Number1/NumeroUno @ Undernet - Email: number1@realityx.net /