List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Bugs in kpartgui DTD / ui_standards.rc
From:       Richard Moore <rich () ipso-facto ! freeserve ! co ! uk>
Date:       2001-02-28 23:36:33

Kurt Granroth wrote:

> Richard Moore wrote:
> > I've noticed a couple of issues while working on an XMLGUI
> > tutorial:
> >
> > - ui_standards.rc doesn't specify the DTD properly (missing
> >   SYSTEM in the ?xml declaration)
> >
> > - ui_standards.rc uses an unlisted tag MergeLocal
> >
> > Who maintains these files?
>
> Anybody can commit fixes to those.  In general, though, Simon and I
> tend to deal with XMLGUI and ui_standards.rc the most.

Ok I fixed the two bugs, now I'd like to make a small feature
request:

You can already access a subset of the properties of an action,
toolbar, menu through its attributes. I'd like to be able to
access an arbitrary QProperty, not just the predefied set.
Could we allow something like:

<QProperty name="path" type="string">/bin/sh %1</QProperty>

Combined with a few custom actions this will provide a pretty
useful tool IMHO. What do you think? It's based partly on some
stuff in Quanta and partly on some comments Antonio made on
kfm-devel I found in the mail archive.

Rich.

--
     Richard Moore		rich@ipso-facto.freeserve.co.uk