List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: jumping to position in doc doesn't work
From:       Stefan Westerfeld <stefan () space ! twc ! de>
Date:       2001-02-26 16:38:56

   Hi!

On Mon, Feb 26, 2001 at 01:48:00PM +0100, Daniel Naber wrote:
> in the filter dialog KMail calls:
>   kapp->invokeHelp("filters");
>
> The problem is that the help browser always starts with the main page of
> KMail, not with the filter page. The problem seems to be that KMail's
> .anchors file exists but is empty. However, the generated documentation
> contains code like this:
>  <A NAME="FILTERS">
>
> So the problem seems to be that the generation of .anchors is broken, at
> least for KMail. Does someone know about this and can fix it?

I don't think it's broken, at least it works in artsbuilder:
 - open artsbuilder
 - click a modules/synthesis/arithmetic+mixing/synth_mul module in your grid
 - doubleclick at the port
 - click on the help button

Brings you to the right position here (CVS, some days ago). Actually you need
to insert things like <anchor id="mref-synth-mul"> in the docbook file (see
artsbuilder docbook file).

   Cu... Stefan