List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: What happens after 2.1 ?
From:       "Thomas Diehl" <thd () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-02-23 7:24:22

On Wed, 21 Feb 2001 21:40:58 +0100, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:

>also, i would like to change a few messages. ps: i don't like the
>german translations of kdm. some are unprecise or "overtranslated"
>(e.g., it's ridiculous to translate "Login shell" into german, esp.
>in an error message meant for sysadmins). :-(
>do the translators look at the programs they translate at all? ;)
>i hope, this does not apply to the other languages ...

The individual translation teams and their contact addresses are listed
on http://i18n.kde.org/teams/. The individual translators can be found
in the program's about boxes and the headers of the PO files. I would
suggest you contact the people in charge before before publicly
badmouthing their work.

The German team also has a mailing list and a feedback forum. See
http://i18n.kde.org/teams/de/. Suggestions to improve translations are
always welcome.

Regards,

Thomas