List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Suggestion for future releases..
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-02-20 0:19:52

On Monday 19 February 2001 22:42, Christian A Strømmen [Number1/NumeroUno] wrote:
> I have a suggestion for future releases.
>
> 2 days before the packages are to be sent for packaging, the cvs freezes.
> That is, no features, no bugfixes, no nothing (except perhaps translation?).
>
> Every release there seems to be someone changing something the last days
> before the release, something that makes it break.  This isn't good and
> leaves us with a never "finished" product each time.
>
> Like for instance, now minimize has been broken (when always on top selected
> you can't minimize from the taskbar)
Hmm, hardly a showstopper....

> and there's been added changes to the
> ksplash-screen that makes one of the strings untranslated in EVERY language...

Has been reverted - stop complaining about that one :)

> What do you think guys... Can you stand to see the cvs frozen for 2 days
> before each release?

Look at the bugfixes in the last two days :) Think it would have been a good
idea to do without them ?

> Ps. and the .desktop script (the one that fetches info from all the
> desktop.po files and makes .desktop files for all applications based on this)
> should really be run right before packaging, not 16 hours as it was this
> time...

I'll redo the code packages tomorrow (i.e. everything but kde-i18n),
so that the desktop files will have been updated once more.