List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: PATCH: gcc 3 hacks
From:       Dirk Mueller <dmuell () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-02-17 15:45:52

Moin Stephan!

> is one negation too much to be easily understandable. The same goes for
> the variable names.

By purpose. A user with no knowledge will read --disable-no-exceptions as
something that is "bad" and won't touch it. However, when there is a switch
named "--enable-exceptions", some people might turn it on without knowing
its implications because they think "hey, I'm a power user. I want
everything enabled!".

Dirk