List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Multihead support for KDE 2.1
From:       Bradley T Hughes <bhughes () trolltech ! com>
Date:       2001-02-06 14:43:49

On Tuesday 06 February 2001 02:20, Cristian Tibirna wrote:
> On Monday 05 February 2001 12:19, Bradley T Hughes wrote:
> > I've been working on this for a couple of weeks now, and it 's fairly
> > polished.  Everything works so far, and applications show up on the
> > correct screens etc.  Even session management works :)
> >
> > I've attached the diffs, in case someone wants to take a look and try
> > them out (hint: Xnest -scrns 2 :4 simulates dualhead).  Are there any
> > objections to this going in for the 2.1 release?
>
> Thanks a lot for the excellent work. I'm ashamed (I was supposed to do this
> work).
>
> Now for an analysis of the kdelibs patch, all is clean and nice. Except the
> think noticed by Keith and the last part, refering to klauncher.cpp. Is
> that an error or you're really taking off notification to kicker and
> family?

I'm really taking if off, because it's not even used... the taskbar applet
now uses a DCOP signal thats emitted in krun, instead of by klauncher (which
is why I changed the clientStarted dcop signal to include the screen_number).

> kdebase patch analysis follows.
>
> CT

Bradley T. Hughes <bhughes@trolltech.com>
Trolltech AS - Waldemar Thranes gt. 98B N-0175 Oslo, Norway
Office: +47 21604892
Mobile: +47 92019781