List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: small patch for kicker
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-02-06 14:39:33

Frerich Raabe wrote:

> On Tuesday 06 February 2001 09:31, Matthias Kiefer wrote:
> > here is a small patch for kicker. It adds the messages catalogue of libkonq
> > to KLocale, because the "Netscape Bookmarks" entry in the bookmarks menu
> > was not translated.
>
> [...]
>
> > +    KLocale *locale=KGlobal::locale();
> > +    if(locale)
> > +        locale->insertCatalogue("libkonq");
>
> Whoa, KGlobal::locale() can actually return a dangling pointer? Didn't know
> that yet.
It doesn't. No function in KGlobal can return 0. They are there for easier access,
I guess Matthias just had too many crashes on null pointers for other reasons and
became paranoid because of this :)

Greetings, Stephan

--
Programmers, heed this: If someone starts asking you about
agricultural genomes, it's likely time to get a handler.