List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Multihead support for KDE 2.1
From:       Keith Packard <keithp () keithp ! com>
Date:       2001-02-05 17:40:59

> Err, this made it in by mistake.  The reason for this particular patch is
> because the KFontDialog tries to open *every* font on the system to determine
> if it is a fixed pitched font or not.

Sounds like Qt needs a cheaper way of reporting this information.  Xft is
much worse though -- TrueType fonts frequently lie in their header so Xft
doesn't even provide this information.  I'm going to fix that (by scanning
the fonts) now that I have a cache to hold the results.  Can we get Qt to
pass this information up to KDE in a more efficient manner?

keithp@keithp.com	 XFree86 Core Team		SuSE, Inc.