List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Icon zooming, panel hide buttons
From:       Bo Thorsen <bo () sonofthor ! dk>
Date:       2001-02-01 12:15:11

On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Matthias Elter wrote:

> On Wednesday 31 January 2001 20:12, Matthias Ettrich wrote:
> > On Wednesday 31 January 2001 20:00, George Staikos wrote:
> > > Was/is icon zooming on the panel broken?  Since my last recompile (less
> > > than a week I think), icon zooming doesn't happen anymore.  It is enabled
> > > in the control module.  Also, the right side collapse/hide button on
> > > kicker is there, but the left side collapse/hide button is gone.
> >
> > Seems like it is disabled for sizes >= normal.
> >
> > This I don't like either. It makes perfect sense for "normal" as it shows
> > the beautiful "Large" icons.
> >
> > The whole reason I put that feature in was to show-off our lovely icons
> > that otherwise nobody sees (except the few that use a large panel).
> >
> > Why was this changed?
>
> There are a number of open problems with the icon zooming on bugs.kde.org.
> People complained it decreases useability on normal sized panels.

Oh great. You can switch it off in the control-center, but that's not
enough? You have to be unable to switch it on when you want it? This does
not make sense. People arguing this behaviour is bad has not even had the
decency of checking if it could be turned off. I like icon zooming and
normally use size normal. I would like to see this possibility restored.

Bo.

--

     Bo Thorsen                 |   Lahnsgade 31, st.
     Free software developer    |   5000 Odense C