List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: PATCH: kcmarts segfaults
From:       Alex Zepeda <jazepeda () pacbell ! net>
Date:       2001-01-28 10:09:51

On Sat, Jan 27, 2001 at 11:50:05AM +0100, Stefan Westerfeld wrote:

> As kcminit arts is kdeinit loaded, this is probably the source of the crashes.
> So I made the aRts KControl module not use any aRts libs any longer.  It is a
> bit ugly, because it now uses system("....") instead, parsing the output of
> "artsd -A" to find available audio output methods. I also had to add a
> "terminate" option to artsshell (before I could use MCOP to do that).

Maybe a dcop interface to artsd?

However, I think that this hodgepodge of threading is just asking for
problems.  Either everything should be made mt safe and able to link
against threading libraries when present or none should.  Otherwise
problems *will* occur.  Bad bad bad.

That said, I'm probably going to buildworld within the week.. to test out
some wonderfully new threading changes in FreeBSD.  Whee.  No more gcc
-pthread (well, it's depreciated not gone).

- alex