List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Screenshot
From:       mosfet <mosfet () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-12-14 17:59:55

Matthias Ettrich wrote:

> Thursday 14 December 2000 16:24 wrote Matthias Ettrich:
> [snip]
>
> Aehh ... this wasn't supposed to go to this list, but to Mosfet, who I
> believe is working on a KDE-ish Aquatic-like style.
>
> In case you wonder about the context.

Hehe, yes - that was me. My problem is I wanted to do it without having
to do things like smoothscale pixmaps and then cache them. If I did that
it wouldn't make any sense to make a style out of it - it would be no
more efficient than a widget theme. I never was able to figure out a way
to make things like the buttons that could be resizable and look as good
as aqua without this, despite help from some of the artists like tackat.
I'm interested to see your solution ;-)