List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KTelnet for 2.0
From:       Dirk Mueller <mueller () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-12-13 1:16:21

On Die, 12 Dez 2000, Cristian Tibirna wrote:

> I followed the rather large discussion on this topic and I came to the
> conclusion people don't get what this app is about.

Well, what would you think if you hear "KTelnet" ? ;)

Telnet - ancient, crappy tool that can't even do half of the things
 ssh does plus its unencrypted and therefore deprecated.
"*K*telnet" sounds like a frontend for telnet. sounds like for users
that are scared of commandline and need a program that has a QWizard for
remote logins.

if its that cool, it needs a better name! ;)

I'm fine with including it into the main distribution, taken that the author
agrees and is willing to maintain it there. simply copying the cvs trunk
from time to time is not what we should want - imho.

Dirk