List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: This is a useful tip? (fwd)
From:       Thomas <zander () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2000-12-11 22:17:35

> Bernhard Rosenkraenzer wrote:
> >
> > I've just received a "bug report" on Kandalf's tips:
> >
> > > In "Kandalf's useful tips" window that shows up at startup of kde-2.0.1,
> > > this tip showed up:
> > >
> > >   "KDE does not contain any GPL'd code that is copyrighted by the Free
> > >    Software Foundation"
> > >
> > > Is this something to be proud of, and is it a tip at all?
>
> It's even wrong. See admin.

The tips are about the core-libs and base stuff, otherwise you have to include all
possible applications build upon KDE.

IMO the fact is accurate and worth mentioning. Many parties are worried that KDE can
be controlled by any one party, this point argues that we don't even allow the FSF
the copyright. This might be to far-fetched but you get my point (I hope ;)

And about the relevance; who cares whether KDE users drink thee..