List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kbuildsycoca recently?
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-12-01 12:08:04

On Friday 01 December 2000 06:53, Kurt Granroth wrote:
> Just curious.. is anybody else having problems with kbuildsycoca?  As
> of an update this afternoon, it doesn't work.  Or works too hard.  In
> any event, it takes 100% of CPU and all of my memory (including swap +
> 512M total) and freezes the system until I kill the process.  AFAICT,
> it doesn't actually *create* anything in the process.
>
> Anybody else?

No, but if someone's guilty it's me. I fixed the support for derived
mimetypes/servicetypes, in KService::init.
Can you add debug output there, see if by lack of chance it happens
to be looping for ever ?
There's a while(true) loop, but there's also a break in it :-)))

http://www.mandrakesoft.com/~david/, http://www.konqueror.org/