List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Merging of kconfig entries
From:       Peter Putzer <pputzer () edu ! uni-klu ! ac ! at>
Date:       2000-11-27 17:03:37

Hi,

I noticed an interesting thing recently with regards to configuration file
merging. I thought that global and local config files are merged, with
local taking precendence.

I've got Debian with the KDE-packages installed, resulting in some
config-files in /etc/kde2. Because I like to keep up with current
developement, I have a "local" installation of CVS HEAD. When I start
SysV-Init Editor, the options in /etc/kde2/ksysvrc take precendence over
those in ~/.kde/share/config/ksysvrc.

Is this the intended behaviour, or bug?

bye,
Peter