List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: konsole 2.1 backported to 2.0.1 ..
From:       Lotzi Boloni <boloni () cplane ! com>
Date:       2000-11-27 16:15:30

> > I had severe toubles with konsole in 2.0.1. It crashes a lot, especially
> > when using cut&paste.
> >
> > So I've backported the konsole 2.1 sources to 2.0.1 (there was only
> > a small modification in konsole.C necessary as well as adding two
> > source files) and it works flawlessly again.
> >
> > Question: Is it already too late to make these changes in 2.0.1 or
> > can I send you the diffs?
>
> I can't decide about that. This is really up to the konsole's author(s).
> They will know if the current code has other problems or not - the 2.0.1
> release (tomorrow!) is supposed to be bugfix only, so if there is anything
> that introduces new bugs, we can't do that....
> Please ask Lotzi Boloni <boloni@cplane.com> (I'm cc'ing to gain time).
>
> Looking at kde-cvs I can't see any relevant commit, but I might not
> be looking back enough in time.

  I think that Coolo commited some patches which were fixing some TTY
related problems on non-i386 non-linux environments. I don't know if any
cut-and-paste problem was fixed with these.

  On the other hand the current konsole is stable (i.e. it is not worse
than the 2.0), and except the recent changes with the KAction stuff it
should be BC.

  So, if you can go and do a minimal testing against a 2.0.1 library set
(make sure it compiles and runs) I would say you can go ahead, but ask
Coolo, too.

            Lotzi