List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 2.0.1 and 2.1 Release Schedule
From:       Michael =?us-ascii?q?H=E4ckel?= <Michael () Haeckel ! Net>
Date:       2000-11-22 22:59:47

On Wednesday, 22. November 2000 23:40, David Faure wrote:
> On Wednesday 22 November 2000 22:31, Dirk Mueller wrote:
>
> Why exclude other packages if they are ready to be released ?
>
> Do you really think we want to maintain 8 release schedules ?
>
> I think the point is: if some modules have significant changes and
> are ready, they should go in. If modules have almost no change
> (kdetoys?), then there's no point, and if modules are not yet ready
> (e.g. kword might not be), then they can be released separately....
>
> Or should we really appoint one person per package/module and
> make all releases completely independent ? .... quite some work IMHO.

Also kdenetwork contains several independant projects. I don't understand why
for example the kdenetwork developers should discuss their own release
schedule. If we (the KMail team) have to discuss a release schedule with the
keystone, kit, kmailcvt, knode, korn, kppp, ksirc and ktalkd devolopers, then
that is probably more complicated as if whole KDE has one schedule.

If all these subpackages would release seperately, then translation would be
nearly impossible.

Regards,
Michael Häckel