List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 2.0.1 and 2.1 Release Schedule
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-11-22 22:40:16

On Wednesday 22 November 2000 22:31, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Mit, 22 Nov 2000, Christian Gebauer wrote:
>
> > kdenetwork/KNode should go into 2.1, we already have a number
> > of nice additions in there and it seems to be quite stable again.
>
> KDE 2.1 is as in "kdelibs and kdebase" ;)

Why exclude other packages if they are ready to be released ?

Do you really think we want to maintain 8 release schedules ?

I think the point is: if some modules have significant changes and
are ready, they should go in. If modules have almost no change
(kdetoys?), then there's no point, and if modules are not yet ready
(e.g. kword might not be), then they can be released separately....

Or should we really appoint one person per package/module and
make all releases completely independent ? .... quite some work IMHO.

http://www.mandrakesoft.com/~david/, http://www.konqueror.org/