List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Why the K-Menu sucks
From:       Falk Brettschneider <gigafalk () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2000-10-30 21:23:43

Hi,

Antonio Larrosa wrote:

> We don't need a Category entry in the desktop files if we have
> a good categories submenu structure. If we need that, it's because
> the way we organize the menus is _bad_.
KDE1 has got a submenu 'Utilities' which contains about 50 entries, many
of them with undescriptive names (kam, kasp, kimon, kdu, ...). Such KDE
is not ready for the desktop.

That's why KDE2 needs a better system for the 'K' menu.

Let the possibility of configuration of the 'K' menu layout and it will
be fine.
Some want to order by name, others by description, some want no
description, others tooltips.
Harder to implement but greater the fame. :-)

Bye,
  F@lk