List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Focus Follows Mouse
From:       Antonio Larrosa <antlarr () arrakis ! es>
Date:       2000-10-29 13:08:58

Matthias Ettrich escribi=F3:
> =

> Saturday 28 October 2000 13:12 wrote Antonio Larrosa:
> > Matthias Ettrich escribi=F3:
> > > Some users on kde-devel report that focus follows mouse doesn't wor=
k at
> > > all.
> > >
> > > Sometimes, windows don't get focus although they explicitely move t=
he
> > > mouse cursor onto them.
> >
> > This has only happened to me a couple of times in one of the betas
> > (don't remember which), but it didn't seem to be related to Focus Fol=
low
> > Mouse, because there were no way to give focus to any window.
> > I've not seen this problem for a long time, so I suppose it's gone.
> >
> > > I'm not using focus follows mouse, so I test it only briefly from t=
ime to
> > > time. And I cannot reproduce any of the problems.
> >
> > I can reproduce another problem. When you have a maximised window
> > (like konsole, for example) and move your mouse to any area separated=

> > from the center of the screen (giving the focus to the maximized wind=
ow)
> > and then press alt-f2, the minicli appears takes the focus and after =
> > second, the focus is given back to the maximized window (btw, it's
> > not related to maximized windows, but it's easier to reproduce that w=
ay)
> =

> As usual with FFM bugs, I cannot reproduce that at all :-(
> =

> Are you using focus follows mouse or focus under mouse?
> =

focus follow mouse with no autoraise and clickToRaise.

I can completely reproduce it :

1) open a konsole window
2) maximize it
3) move the mouse to the right-bottom corner of the konsole window
4) press alt-f2
5) wait and see how the focus changes from the minicli to the konsole
   window after a while.

Greetings,

--
Antonio Larrosa Jimenez