List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Captions in KDE
From:       Nikolas Zimmermann <nikoz () gymnasium-kerpen ! de>
Date:       2000-10-28 14:43:48

On Saturday 28 October 2000 16:14, Matthias Ettrich wrote:

> And that is wrong, totally wrong. Nobody wants to read KEdit in the
> caption. If the user uses KEdit as Editor, having the name "Editor" in
> there is just fine.

I don't think so. Look if we would call a programm "ICQ Client", the user
would say i'm using "ICQ Client" and that would be... bad, cause
we have for example three icq clients kicq, kxicq, klicq if not even more.

Another reason is we don't have to translate captions then: ie. KPresenter
in German "Präsentationsprogramm" in english "Diapresenter" (? i dunno)
why not simply use KPresenter - simple and nice.

Bye
 WildFox