List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Focus Follows Mouse
From:       Matthias Ettrich <ettrich () divan ! troll ! no>
Date:       2000-10-28 15:10:43

> Thomas Zander wrote:

> > > Yes, same here. I never had *any* problems with FFM.
> >
> > Works perfect on HEAD and on KDE2_release (home/work)

> > Nope works fine, you just need more then one window, if the window is
> > allready on top it will directly minimize, which I think is correct.  (Waldo?)
> >
> Wiejetzt?! I could swear it didn_t work yesterday night and that it annoyed me
> in the recent time. But now as I try it every thing is fine?! ... No, now it
> doesn_t work anymore for some windows. Perhaps only for those that are
> completely covered? Seems all a bit non deterministic to me. Strange!

I'll look at it. The problemn is that NET_WM stores a stacking order only.
But most windows never reach the top of this stacking order, as they might have
dialog windows or the desktop might have stys-on-top windows (like kicker).

So it's a bit more tricky to find out whether the user might consider this window
to be on top and would like to iconify it. It's simply with focus follows mouse,
but with that focus-follows-mouse it#s likely that other windows get the focus
while the mouse moes all the way down from the window to the taskbar.

Matthias