List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Focus Follows Mouse
From:       Antonio Larrosa <antlarr () arrakis ! es>
Date:       2000-10-28 11:12:57

Matthias Ettrich escribi=F3:
> =

> Some users on kde-devel report that focus follows mouse doesn't work at=
 all.
> =

> Sometimes, windows don't get focus although they explicitely move the m=
ouse
> cursor onto them.
> =

This has only happened to me a couple of times in one of the betas
(don't remember which), but it didn't seem to be related to Focus Follow
Mouse, because there were no way to give focus to any window.
I've not seen this problem for a long time, so I suppose it's gone.

> I'm not using focus follows mouse, so I test it only briefly from time =
> time. And I cannot reproduce any of the problems.
> =

I can reproduce another problem. When you have a maximised window
(like konsole, for example) and move your mouse to any area separated
from the center of the screen (giving the focus to the maximized window)
and then press alt-f2, the minicli appears takes the focus and after a
second, the focus is given back to the maximized window (btw, it's
not related to maximized windows, but it's easier to reproduce that way)

The problem is that when you see that the minicli has the focus, you
start typing on and suddenly you're typing in konsole.

I don't care if the focus is taken by the minicli when it appears until
you move the mouse or if the focus is not given to minicli unless you
move the mouse over it, you choose :)

Greetings,

--
Antonio Larrosa Jimenez