List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Focus Follows Mouse
From:       Michael Brade <Michael.Brade () informatik ! uni-muenchen ! de>
Date:       2000-10-28 7:15:28

On Saturday 28 October 2000 01:52, Michael Reiher wrote:
> Matthias Ettrich wrote:
> > Some users on kde-devel report that focus follows mouse doesn't work at
> > all.
> >
> > Sometimes, windows don't get focus although they explicitely move the
> > mouse cursor onto them.
> >
> > I'm not using focus follows mouse, so I test it only briefly from time to
> > time. And I cannot reproduce any of the problems.
> >
> > Is there somebody on kde-core-devel actually using that policy?
>
> Iīm using it every day(in combination with autoraise). But I canīt confirm
> this. And I actually canīt remember that I ever had that problem in the
> recent time. I just tested it with vmware and emacs but everything is just
> fine.
Yes, same here. I never had *any* problems with FFM.

> Something else though:
> If you click on the taskbar button of an already active window(i.e. with a
> pressed taskbar button) to bring it on top it gets minimized. This is
> especially annoying in FFM mode. I think you "fixed" that once but itīs
> there again.
Hmm, this I can't confirm (cvs 3 days old thou). It definitely works for me
here: if you click on the pressed taskbar button the window first gets on top
and gets minimized with a second click. (and even with autoraise and a delay
of 1s to have time to test ;)

Ciao,
  Michael

--

       Some operating systems are called `user friendly',
             Linux however is `expert friendly'.