List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Small branch survey
From:       Cristian Tibirna <tibirna () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-10-26 21:48:50

On Thursday 26 October 2000 15:52, mosfet wrote:
> I don't know about this. I am encouraging Mandrake to test the new
> branch in Cooker for future releases because it contains so many IMHO
> essential improvements - esp. in the UI.

I don't know if I understood you well, but I seem to read that you encourage
Mandrake to test HEAD in their beta testing distro.  If by any chance it
becomes possible to release a stable distro containing HEAD-state code, this
only hurts both the distro and KDE. Because

1) translations aren't there (at least not correctly)
2) bugs and test-quality features are *adding up* to the lates stable branch.

I believe a distributor has all the interest in the world to only use the
stable branch as official packages and eventually (if really so much
necessary) offer HEAD-based packages separately.

--
Cristian Tibirna     : ctibirna@total.net     : www.total.net/~ctibirna
PhD Student          : ctibirna@gch.ulaval.ca : web.gch.ulaval.ca/~ctibirna