List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE_2_0_BRANCH: kdelibs/khtml/rendering
From:       Harri Porten <harri () trolltech ! com>
Date:       2000-10-21 21:59:55

Francois-Xavier Duranceau wrote:

> Harri Porten wrote:
> >
> > Exactly ! It would be better to have all parties involved working with
> > optimal conditions. We had a global synchronization point that made us
> > wait for each other (the "slowest" one).
> >
> I guess you mean the "message freeze". I'm not so sure this was a
> blocking step. First we did not have such a real freeze before 2.0 as we
> had for 1.1.x releases IIRC. And it gave time to the developpers for
> fixing their stuff. So IMO this wasn't a waste of time.

That's true. The actual time this did "cost" was rather short compared
to the overall time 2.0 took. But it was a time full of exceptions (i.e.
broken messages with and without permission) and even fights !

> > To Francois-Xavier: Of course we would have to agree on a new system
> > *together*. Regarding the i18n related bugs: They cause no problem since
> > they still can be fixed and be released with the final and full version.
> >
> If the developpers agree for maintaining their stuff between the
> semi-release and the full release it's ok.

They should as the x.x.1 (or whatever version) should be considered
their chance to fix the bugs they oversaw before making the "full"
version a very good one :)

Harri.