List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: You don't care?
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! TU-Berlin ! DE>
Date:       2000-10-15 15:53:05

On Sun, Oct 15, 2000 at 01:08:43PM +0200, Michael Brade wrote:

Hi Michael,

> Why don't you apply the patch for knotes I posted some days ago? If I didn't
> code good enough please tell me. If you don't like patches for non-core apps
> or even new developers just tell me. I know you all have very little free
> time at the moment and I don't want you to run two seconds after I posted a
> patch or whatever to the lists. But if _nobody_ even bothers to give me any
> feedback days after the second post this is getting really frustrating.

I think the problem is, that a lot of "older" are not maintained by their
authors anymore. So without a maintainer, nobody feels responsible and
most people are busy with the libs or other apps anyway.

I think everyone would be _very_ happy if you or any other new developer
would take over maintainance of currently unmaintained programs.

In the case of KNotes, Wynn Wilkes <wynnw@calderasystems.com> did the
lastest changes, so you might mail him (dunno if he's subscribed to
kde-core-devel).

Best wishes,
Carsten Pfeiffer