List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    RC2 RPMS - bugs found (may not be specific to the RPM)
From:       George Staikos <staikos () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-10-10 21:09:14

Well, here are the bugs I've found so far:

1) kio_https segfaults immediately - KURL is no longer binary compatible so
taking a working binary from before doesn't help.  No idea why, no time to
look into this myself before the release.  OpenSSL 0.9.6 is in use here.
Bero - If this is a BIC issue of OpenSSL, can you build with 0.9.6 from now
on and bundle it as you did with the latest htdig/flex?  I have a 0.9.6.i386
rpm built too if you want me to send you mine.  People should be using 0.9.6
if possible.

2) Konqueror doesn't remember window sizes.  I have to resize the damned
window every time I open a new one!!

3) Icons missing -

    KControl - DMA-Channels, IO-Ports, Interrupts, Memory  (well maybe
they're there, but if those are what they're supposed to be, is this
someone's idea of a sick joke? <g>)
                 - Midi

4) This one is RPM specific I think - the Redhat shipped icons foir the K
menu are gone so there are lots of unknown pics abound.  (and thus I can't
look for missing icons in my K menu because I don't know which are our fault).

5) Is debugging still on the in RPMs?  I still get lots in .xsession-errors

6) KDM looks really broken - the picture is busted(corrupt garbage
whatelsetocallit)  and it thinks I'm logging into all window managers
concurrently.  I don't know if this is Redhat related or not.

7) Tooltip over Konqueror in the task bar has a "-" at the end for no
apparent reason.

8) I get some weird corruption on the Konsole toolbar between the divider and
the first pushbutton ("Terminal No 1").  I can provide a screenshot if
someone cares.  - Running 1280x1024x32bpp

9) There seems to be some sort of bug in the KControl module for virtual
desktops that makes it not always save the names of the desktops (I've only
seen it happen for desktops after #4, too).  It saves sometimes, other times
it doesn't.  I'm not sure the pattern to reproduce yet.

10) KMail seems to take a huge amount of CPU to do something the first time
it is upgraded from 1.1.  I assume this is because of index regeneration.  It
would be nice to print a message saying what's it doing.  It's rather
confusing.........

11) KOrganizer is a little bit annoying now - making all those scroll bars in
each date field makes it hard to read and I have to make the window huge!

12) GREAT WORKS GUYS!  Overall it's pretty kick-ass!  I think we're ready for
a release!

--

George Staikos