List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    No! [Re: Do we need a RC2)
From:       Matthias Ettrich <ettrich () trolltech ! com>
Date:       2000-10-08 10:14:40

> Peter Putzer wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, 8 Oct 2000, Matthias Elter wrote:
> >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > We have to decide whether to label the tarballs to be made tomorrow RC2 or
> > > final. Please vote. If we go for RC2, this will delay the release for one
> > > week.
> >
> > +1 RC2 [1]
>
> I vote for an RC2.

I vote for 'final'. Look at the low commit rate and the kind of problems that
were fixed. Many of them were really just minor things.

Of course the code still has bugs, but it's in pretty good shape
for a dot 0 version - and it's a thousand times better than KDE-1.x or anything
our competition offers. If we continue with that freeze another week, all we
do is demotivating developers. For our users, it won't make a big difference.

KDE 2.0 is not the final word, guys, there will actually be a 2.1 in the near
future. The things that annoy me most in the current version is that there
is already much more functionality or configurability in the code that cannot
be made visible due to the user interface freeze. This we can't fix if we
do not ship.

Matthias