List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kwin not started
From:       Antonio Larrosa <antlarr () arrakis ! es>
Date:       2000-10-02 17:19:31

Matthias Ettrich wrote:
> =

> Mon, 02 Okt 2000 wrote Antonio Larrosa:
> =

> [snip]
> =

> > Btw, why doesn=B4t kicker nor kdesktop use disableSessionManagement()=
 ?
> > Are they disabling sm using another method ? or ? The help for that m=
ethod
> > says that it should be used for apps started from startkde.
> =

> you are right, they should call this function. Please add this.
> =

As the cvs is already tagged (sorry I read your answer too late) and Dirk=
 said
that they use another method, I won't commit it. Anyway, I think they sho=
uld
use the standard method.

> The reason it sort of works today is that they are started *before* the=
 session
> manager runs, so they don't have a connection to it but are invisible f=
or the
> session.
> =

> If you restart kdesktop from a terminal window, you'll get a problem, t=
hough.
> =

Hmmm, now you make me doubt, I've had problems lately with kdesktop and k=
icker
(kdesktop loosing the QIconview and being just a background, and kicker b=
eing
restored as a rectangular grey window in the center of the screen but onl=
taking
around 4*16 pixels width and 16 pixels height in the topleft corner of th=
at
window). And I've also being running kdesktop and kicker from a konsole. =
But
Dirk said that this couldn't happen, so I'm wondering if they're related.=

If calling disableSessionManagement cannot do any harm, I'd add it too. =

Opinions ?

Greetings,

--
Antonio Larrosa Jimenez